Posts for: December, 2013
Since your feet bare the brunt of your weight, it is important to take extra precautions while working to protect your feet from harm. When your job requires you to stand on your feet for a long period of time, work in potentially hazardous areas, or with potentially hazardous materials, you have some risk of foot injury. Productive workers depend on their ability to walk and move about safely, with ease and comfort. According to the National Safety Council, there are about 120,000 job-related foot injuries in any given year, with one-third of them being toe injuries.
Follow Proper Guidelines
- Wash your feet daily
- Dry thoroughly
- Check your feet for corns, calluses, and cracks
- Keep your feet warm
- Trim your toenails straight across
- Visit Jay Mermelstein, D.P.M.
- Wear protective footwear for each activity
- Develop safe work habits and attitudes
- Be aware of the hazards of your job
- Practice proper measures
- Be alert and watch for hidden hazards
- Watch out for other workers’ safety
- Follow the rule and don’t cut corners